Montana is the best state for a wedding. The breathtaking mountain scenery cannot be beaten. However, there is always a chance that the weather will not cooperate. One minute it can be warm and sunny, and the next it could be raining. Thankfully, here at Rockin’ TJ Ranch, we have the perfect weather contingency plan to ensure your event doesn’t lose any of its brilliance.
Our weather contingency plan consists of having cocktail hour inside the venue. Guests can still have drinks, apps, and socialize inside the venue with plenty of room. Additionally, there is a covered portion of the patio that can also accommodate guests. Meanwhile, our staff will create an aisle down the middle of the venue, set up chairs, an arch, and all aisle decorations just as if it were outside. After the ceremony, our staff will move everything back to the regular reception format and everything will stay on track with the schedule. Inside ceremonies always end up being just as lovely and we can provide an easy transition if need be!
Since Montana weather constantly changes, we usually can push the ceremony back a couple of minutes in order to wait out the weather. We rarely have to move a ceremony inside. There's always a window of sunshine to allow for a beautiful outside ceremony.
If you are like us and like to be prepared for every situation, here is our list of “must-have” weather preparation items:
- Umbrellas: Don’t worry, we have buckets full of umbrellas to protect you and your guests from the rain.
- An Extra Pair of Shoes: save your heels for the pictures, bring a pair of shoes that you don’t mind getting muddy.
- Stain Remover: If the hem of your dress gets a little dirty, fear not! Our staff will scrub out the mud with a washcloth and soapy water until it looks brand new.
- A Jacket: just in case it gets chilly in between picture taking.
- Paper Fans: if your event is excepted to fall on a day where the summer heat is too much, paper fans are a great way to keep your guests cool during the ceremony.